A few TP names to add to Dillon's List: Aaronette Vonleh,
by MountainMan (2024-04-16 05:28:51)

6'3", Sr.,F, 14 ppg., 5.2 rpg., Was the leading scorer for Colorado.

Cristabel Ezumah, 6'2", Grad., Campbell, 12.4 ppg., 8.2 rpg.

Marionc Planes Fortuny, 6'3", Grad., Bryant, 16.3 ppg., 6.5 rpg., 2.8 apg.

Vonleh would compete for a starting position, with Koval. Ezumah or Fortuny would back up both Koval and Westbeld.

You're Right: Vonleh Can Play
by dillon77  (2024-04-16 08:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She'd be a strong rotational player with Maddy, Kate.

Will have to take a look see at the other two: not quite as familiar.

Saw Vonleh play 3 times live this year. She's from Portland
by Domerduck  (2024-04-16 10:19:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as her brother played for the Blazers when she went to high school. The Beavers beat Colorado 3 times last season, but Colorado beat the Ducks. Vonleh is a scrapper and she certainly would do better than Obinma coming in. She has good position defense as she kept Ayoka Lee of KSU to 1/2 her scoring average when they beat them in Kansas to get to the sweet 16. I know she first was recruited and went to Arizona but never played there. Interesting where she might go.

There is a Vonleh in the NBA- sort of a journeyman
by drmurray  (2024-04-16 10:22:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

third string Center

He had a cup of coffee with the Celtics last year.

Any idea if they are related? Not that it matters...

sister *
by Domerduck  (2024-04-16 20:55:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Anything short of a starter would be a disappointment.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-16 10:13:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is an elite starting four that is screaming for a big. A Maya Dodson would certainly do. We lost a great rotational player (and teammate) in Nat. Kiki obviously fits the mold. I don't know enough about the other players. But this team needs an athletic big that will be able to defend the post.

Not quite
by NPaulTodd  (2024-04-16 15:43:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll be disappointed if we don't get anyone as good as (or better than) Kylie. If she hadn't gotten injured we probably wouldn't be in the market, so getting someone comparable will keep this from being a "what if" season.

Not to me
by Kayo  (2024-04-16 10:57:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have a 6'5" top five recruit coming onto the team. I will be fine with Koval as the starter, especially when she is surrounded by accomplished veterans.

If Ivey can get a post player who's better than Koval, great; but if she gets a solid backup who defends opposing post players well, I won't be even a little disappointed.

Sure. But we had that.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-16 14:04:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we lost Nat and simply got a rental of similar caliber then I’d call that a loss for the program.

Ditto.
by dillon77  (2024-04-16 10:59:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or a very tall forward who is good in the lane who can become something of a three-person rotation, like Maddy, Lauren Ebo and Kylee used to have.

The other two are outliers, for sure, but there size and
by MountainMan  (2024-04-16 09:46:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stats fit what is needed. They also are Grad. students, so would be for one season only. They obviously would not be competing for a starting position, but might be solid backups?

Sure. You're Preaching to the Converted ;-), as You Know
by dillon77  (2024-04-16 09:49:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Niele should and could find a center/long forward who has multiple years, but there are a number of grad. transfers that fit the bill.

Now that Maddy is a done deal, I find myself antsy for Niele, Mike and staff to make hay. The Irish need two or three (my vote) players. Let's go!!

I think the entire bench is on edge. Everyone wants
by MountainMan  (2024-04-16 10:32:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two to three "portals" to sign. I'm guessing we all want at least one of them to be starter material, or sixth player of the year.

Or 7th...
by dillon77  (2024-04-16 11:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

- I think Cass will be the first person off the bench to address anything on the guard/wing situation. The others can move accordingly once she comes in.

- But the person I think the Bench is all looking for is the frontcourt addition, whether it be a starter or a prime back-up.

I agree on Cass. Hoping she has a break out year. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-16 11:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post