go to hell...how is that for offensive... you offend me
by irishmike33 (2007-03-10 13:12:03)

In reply to: Is it time to drop the "Irish" nickname?  posted by ndoldtown

with wanting to get rid of the nickname. I am 100% Irish and by no means am i offended by the name, just leave the subject alone it's really annoying.

my, my---you sound like an angry, drunken irish bastard *
by abqgant  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There was nothing wrong with our offensive
by wetbird  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was the defensive that kept us in hot water...

Minter is a Brit name, but I'll bet he was Orange Irish. *
by ArasEra  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you seem like a nice guy. Have you heard of
by c.odie  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

demonstrating absurdity by being absurd?

It's a different world now - the name change is long overdue.....
by ArasEra  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Change is sometimes difficult to swallow.

Don't shoot the messenger - ndoldtown is just trying to help and he always brings a good message to the forum.

How different is "Fighting Irish" from "Fighting Harps"?

It's so degrading.

Your degraded standards are not the issue here.
by ndoldtown  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those of us with more discriminating sensibilities (not 100% Irish) need to be heard from.