Of course he is being serious
by Geoff (2007-03-10 13:12:03)

In reply to: Please tell me he's joking  posted by IrishSet

The Fighting Irish name has no place in our current global economy. It is offensive. I don't even like tying "The Fighting Irish." It makes me feel dirty. We should just call it the "FI" term.

Why do you support bigotry? Let's just drop the "FI" term and move on.

F.I.?
by BoogAlou  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the "feckin' idgets"?

Well we could always copy Syracuse
by IrishSet  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We could drop FI and just go to Irish. As an Irish American, I don't really see it as that big of a deal.

Irish is still bad
by Geoff  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It singles out a group of people. It ignores other ethnic groups: like the proud Poles and Eye-talians who helped make Notre Dame great. I say we should rename the mascot "Green." The University of Notre Dame Green.

If you must include a religious element to the mascot. Then we should be called the University of Notre Dame Muslims. Islam is a religion of peace. And it won't offend anyone. If anyone is offended, then they are clearly bigots. And who cares what they think.

Green also embodies the new enviro-spirit of America
by 84david  (2007-03-10 13:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since Algor won a grammy.

Our new mascot should be a guy in an Algor fat suit driving around a Prius Hybrid.

When we play Stanford, our Algor can symbolicly hug a tree while we all recite the prayer to Mother Earth.