Too numerous to name them all
by Jvan (2005-11-09 01:07:25)

In reply to: your greatest campus prank?  posted by FightOnForMorrissey

The night before graduation, nine of us skinny-dipped in the reflecting pool in front of the Library. Security came and we scrambled out to grab our clothes hanging on the bushes and ran like hell. Four guys were caught and forced to rat out the rest of us. Realizing they had no real hold over us, they made us call in from our apartment and apologize to the head of security at 4:30 AM before they would release our brothers.

I was a charter member of the Keenan Five, organizers of the greatest food fight in North Dining Hall history. As punishment, we had to paint the dorm basement and do a few other chores. Fr. Griffin could have been nastier about it.

We also "borrowed" about 60 pumpkins from a nearby farm and candles from an unmentionable place one October and put a jack-o-lantern in every window in Keenan.

We also put a drunk kid's bed in a tree outside the dorm - with him still in it. He was not amused when he woke up.

I'm just warming up.

What was the name of that longtime head of campus security?...
by DC74  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure he was there when you were there. Can't remember his name, but he was an instituion - I think he had been there since Fr. Sorin first got lost in the woods of Northern Indiana.

Had to go meet with him for a "discussion" one Monday morning when, after returning from a late Saturday night beer run, I got busted driving a car onto campus via the library sidewalk. (Used to be that you could drive over the curb at the library circle and drive on the sidewalk to what used to be a small parking lot behind Farley. Unfortunately a campus police car was sitting in the lot with its lights off waiting for someone just like me to try.) It got worse when he learned that the car belonged to the brother of a Farley resident whose room had been visited by security several times that night as the result of a party that got, in his view, out of hand. Maybe the mountain of furniture and empties that had been tossed from windows and lay in a heap of wreckage in the Farley courtyard the next morning had something to do with his perception. For some reason he thought that the names were more than a coincidence and that I might have had some responsibility for the fracas.

I guess talking my way out of that one was the first sign that I was destined to be a lawyer.

The most amazing thing was, they never opened the trunk, so they didn't confiscate the beer. The delivery was somewhat delayed, but succesful nonethless.

Old Griff was a great guy and Darby was cool too *
by lgoirish  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To quote a less than famous song about Keenan Hall
by JGreer'83  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Who's the dorm that threww the doggy down the laundry chute?"

the stanford fight song *
by lgoirish  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It can now be revealed--Tim Rudnick did it! *
by Rosecrea  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What year did you graduate?
by peeps  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was a member of the last class, I believe, to enjoy the late-night food fight. You'd think they'd figure something was up when I asked the little server for 24 sausage links and 15 pancakes.

North Dining Hall? I was there for that...
by ewillND  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was still going on when I left. Funny thing was, I was walking out with three donuts and, in the middle of the biggest food fight I've ever seen, the ID checker tried to stop me from walking out with "more than one food item." Lucky for me, someone nailed her in the back of the head with a pancake and I was able to make my escape.

It was, in fact, NDH *
by peeps  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1975 - and our weapon of choice was riot-sized jello cubes *
by Jvan  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great food riot...remember the trick was to
by RJD  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

make the jello cubes stick to the ceiling with the embedded pencils on quieter days.

A similiar classic to the bed trick was setting up a guy's whole dorm room on the North quad, complete with a working desk light (long extension cord).

Jvan Missed this one
by Rosecrea  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Shave-bombing" every room on the first floor of Keenan (frosh mostly)at about 3:00A.M. one weekend senior year.

FREE THE KEENAN FIVE!!! *

Posts like these show me how much I wasted my time at ND.
by gmurphy  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should have never gone to class...

Excellent. Keep 'em coming. *
by Ann Tostal  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two more
by Jvan  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sophomore year, one guy who was in the dope selling business decided to get a pet monkey. He kept the damn thing in our section all semester without being detected, but by December the smell got to be so bad we made him give it up. The next year he found Jesus, gave up dope, and started going to class. He turned in four consecutive 4.0 semesters and graduated.

My friend Charlie got drunk one night and decided he could get his car airborne if he drove fast enough. He actually got on the runway at the SB airport but couldn't achieve lift-off. He blamed it on having too many passengers.

It wasn't the passengers....
by Slotts  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it was the 20 stolen cases of Tequila in the trunk.