Very similar but we also had the “late bus”
by airborneirish (2024-04-30 10:14:03)

In reply to: Assorted learnings from riding a bus to school.  posted by Bruno95

This was mainly to ferry kids who missed their primary bus. We also could not support a beef o Brady let alone red lobster so.You can imagine the ne’er do wells who would ride this: detention attendees, pot heads, jocks sent home from practice early for good reason.

But unlike the regular bus where there was a clear pecking order, the late bus was often a clash of the Titans. Why? It covered our entire city of 100k people so every ride was a potpourri of degenerates. Imagine the worst bus ride you ever took, put way more awful people on it, and then make the ride last 90 minutes.

That meant from time to time the meanest fucker from one bus would encounter the meanest fucker from another. Box cutters were pulled. Fingers were removed. Sex was had. I agree on the awesome will of the bus driver. I just remember thinking ours was blind because of his coke can lens.

Why I was on the bus more than once doesn’t matter. I close only promise g you that at one point I was challenged to a duel, I accepted, I won, and was banned from all buses for life. School was 10 miles away and my dad was proud I won but pissed about driving me to school until I got my license.

Ricky gallecki who had shot at my house with a 22 pistol never recovered his back pack that my friends threw into a river while I pummeled him. I would look him up on Facebook but I’m certain he’s dead.

Ps -
To this day there are no branded restaurants in new Britain ct aside from McDonald’s pop eyes etc.

There’s a reason I love you and it’s more than the vermin blood that courses through your veins.

Replies: