I am in the same boat. One question though....
by Killian (2011-09-14 10:37:11)

In reply to: Yes it is.  posted by BeijingIrish

Does this make us fair weather fans? I say no, but my friends say I am. I have tried to explain to them exactly what you said above. I cannot justify spending $70 to sinane a bench and watch a mockery of a football game and drive 4 hours back home, miserable the entire trip. It is just not worth it to me anymore. Hell, it's not even worth watching it on the television.

Not at all
by BeijingIrish  (2011-09-14 10:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They make it easy. ND is on TV every week, therefore, why, in this era of austerity, pay $70 for a ticket? I never said I would not watch the game. It's just that I don't invest the same amount of emotional equity in Irish football as I used to. The returns are not there, and I need to save for retirement (preserve my health).

Could this change? Abso-fucking-lutely. Bring in a top tier coach, put a quality team on the field, and I would be quite happy to have a heart attack in my seat on the 40. Chuck and Andrew could simply tell the ushers, "He's napping".