Weekly Viking Nights at North Dining Hall
by ND71 (2005-11-09 01:07:25)

In reply to: your greatest campus prank?  posted by FightOnForMorrissey

no utensils were allowed in consuming food. Some of us would not use glasses to drink milk, thus requiring cupped hands to quickly move back and forth from the steel cows milk dispensers. And the parade of that week's Viking King seated on a chair placed atop from a bedspring platfrom. Sometimes the King was used for food throwing target practice.

Zahm & Cavanaugh as well in C. *
by ND71  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The above post belongs below RJM's. *
by ND71  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Viking Nite
by RJM76  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I worked in the North Dining Hall when I was a student. I dreaded the thought of working that night. Food was everywhere.

As I remember it, Viking Night was a Keenan and/or Stanford ritual. They usually had it on "A" line.

Pranks I remember involved tying guys up in the shorts or less in the Grace elevator on a Saturday night, pushing all the buttons, and letting him ride. Cruel, childish, but fun.

Any truth to the rumor that . . .
by Khaddafi  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Viking participants were, on occasion, not permitted to bend their elbows whilst consuming sans utensils?

Yes. On Feed Your Neighbor Nights! *

bring this back *
by FightOnForMorrissey  (2005-11-09 01:07:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, whow about current student board members? *