Frozen 4 ticket question.
by Frito (2024-04-05 12:29:18)

I live in the Twin Cities, so I've been keeping my eyes on StubHub ticket prices for the championship game. With no local teams left in the Frozen 4, ticket prices have dropped quite a bit, but I'm wondering if they will go down a little more after the semi finals.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Probably not too much. Since DU is a national university.
by The Flash  (2024-04-13 10:29:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are a lot DU alums, families, and fans who want to attend the game. I am
going to the game watch at Magness athletic center on campus to see it.

It is common for losing team fans to sell tickets
by Mr Wednesday  (2024-04-07 01:45:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But even without local teams, there may be an influx of fans, e.g. it's fairly easy to get a flight from Boston to MSP.

I'm at the Frozen Four every year, but only on pre-purchased tickets, so I don't have any familiarity with the secondary market.

No experience but also thinking of going
by David Rivers  (2024-04-06 16:05:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gut tells me prices might drop after the semi’s since some fans of the losers may be dumping tickets. OTOH if the final is BU -BC that may be a unique enough NC matchup that prices don’t drop? Just my gut as I know I’ll be more interested in going if it’s BU-BC.

BU-BC final would be just the second time that happened.
by wearendhockey  (2024-04-06 21:38:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The other was 1978.

by ND75  (2024-04-08 10:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BU beating BC in the Finals 5-3 was the 4th time that they beat the Eagles that season including 12-5 in the Beanpot, and 10-5 in BC's McHugh Forum. They dominated things that season and ended up with a 30-2 record