Sheahan got hosed during the last coaching cycle
by Boston Domer (2024-03-12 15:26:45)

In reply to: Play AD -- Who do you want as coach?  posted by ndmd99

As his well-earned head coaching job disappeared into the ether during the NHL/AHL game of affiliate musical chairs. I think it was a great hire, but I don't know if ND was the fortunate recipient of happenstance, or if the athletic department opened up its wallet and made an aggressive move to get Sheahan as Jackson's heir-apparent.

We should find out soon
by ndmd99  (2024-03-12 20:12:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The timing was right. If it was happenstance, I imagine he won’t have a tough time finding his next head coaching gig this off-season. If there’s a plan for him to eventually be the successor to the throne, then he’ll probably stay put and help with turning things around.

His resume does check virtually every box for an eventual successor. Even now he compliments the deficiencies/criticisms of the current staff well (coached high scoring offenses, developed elite top-5 NHL draft picks, etc).

One more thing: Sheahan's blind resume
by Boston Domer  (2024-03-12 15:36:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

looks a lot like Jim Montgomery's before he was hired at Denver.