Its clear the staff is beyond stale.
by wearendhockey (2024-03-11 18:46:09)

In reply to: I think they can't bring back the entire staff intact  posted by Boston Domer

I'm curious is any NCAA staff in another sport has been together as long as Jackson, Pooley and Slaggert. I'd be utterly shocked if so. In NCAA hockey there is nothing remotely close to the near two-decade run those three have had together

It would be one thing if the level of success was being sustained. But we have not been an NCAA worthy team for 4 of the last 5 seasons. For the life of me I can't see why the university wouldn't think changes are absolutely necessary. But one thing I am 100% convinced of is Notre Dame isn't firing Jackson. No chance of that at all. What bugs me the most is I doubt there are serious discussion being held with Jackson about the state of the program. I think all the university sees is no scandals, good kids, games they can call sold out, and up until this season, the bad seasons are .500, not 7-25-4.

Union, Robert Morris, and Maine are all contemplating multi-million dollar upgrades to their facilities or building new ones all together. A number of other schools have already undertaken or recently completed similar palaces in the facilities arms race. What put us on a separate page from a lot of programs is not quite as true any more. We need to put this right quickly. Another couple of years of sub-.500 performance and we could see that the ship has sailed.

Replies: