Radio silence from the Sabres and Bruins...
by wearendhockey (2017-04-13 21:21:13)

do we dare hope? Maybe the two made a pact, you know, something along the lines of Petersen saying "Hey Anders, if you come back, I'll come back." When Lee signed after his senior year I was barely home from Toledo. When Hinostroza left early it was maybe 5 days after Notre Dame played their final game that season. Of course Riley Sheahan waited nearly a month after ND played their final game in March of 2012 before signing, so my hopes are not necessarily high...

Same thing with DiPauli last year - ultimately going
by NH74Domer  (2017-04-14 10:54:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from the Caps to WBS for the Pens. His situation was a little bit different though.

A pact would not be out of the question nor is it unprecedented. One of the single, most important events in recent ND basketball history was the pact that Pat C and Jerian G made to return together. Given where that program is now, I've always thought of this as a major turning point. Who knows, we might be witnessing something similar.

Speculation that Bjork might want to stay for the Olympics.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-04-14 00:27:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's rumored to have been offered the same deal as JFK, which I think would mean that the B's would burn an ELC year (though I'm not sure that would hold if he were to delay signing until after the season is over).

Can't imagine the B's burning the year...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-04-14 12:56:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if he doesn't show up now. And the whole Olympics thing is speculative at this point. The decision to stay would really only make sense if he wants another crack with ND or he wants to pull a Vesey (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Does the NHL have anything like the NFL where the $$
by zahm82  (2017-04-13 23:35:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is automatically slotted by your draft status? I would think Anders is far more valuable than any other 5th round pick and he should opt for free agency next year if he doesn't get paid as a second round pick?

No - they just deal in maximums for entry level...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-04-18 09:58:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Bjork's age, it's 2 years. Max e-l salary is $925K; max signing bonus is 10% of comp; max total performance bonuses is $850K. Draft status for a kid who has developed in the ensuing 3 years or so is pretty irrelevant. (Obviously first rounders are unlikely to be unsigned that long).

Does that change if one plays his senior year and becomes a
by Zahm82  (2017-04-18 22:44:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Free agent?

He'd still be subject to entry-level rules...
by BIGSKYND  (2017-04-19 13:22:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the only change is that on July 1 he'd be a free agent. Jimmy Vesey did that because he didn't want to sign with Nashville.

Nothing as formal and predictable as NFL *
by dakotadomer  (2017-04-15 16:22:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post