Looking ahead to next year
by garbageplate (2017-04-07 11:45:38)

We lose only two seniors, one of whom never played and the other of whom played sparingly. Obviously, we could very well lose Bjork and Petersen to the NHL, both of whom will be very difficult to replace. Likewise, Connor Hurley's status is still in question.

The other major change, of course, is the switch to the Big Ten, which is smaller but with fewer bottom feeders. I think we've got a reasonable shot to contend for the conference title right off the bat if we get solid goaltending from Morris or perhaps Nick Sanford.

Last I saw St. Cyr is supposed to show up, as well *
by BIGSKYND  (2017-04-07 13:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder whether he's bulked up
by garbageplate  (2017-04-07 15:00:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tough for a goalie who is so small in stature, but anyone who decommits from Michigan holds a special place in my heart.

Definitely on the small side but as you note....
by BIGSKYND  (2017-04-07 17:18:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he already has shown excellent character. And he does have the genes. I could see a real fun comp next fall.