I take back every ill word I've said about Darin Pritchett *
by Boston Domer (2017-04-06 22:19:59)

Hockey's a tough sport to call
by wearendhockey  (2017-04-07 02:50:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And he took the gig in a rough way. He's gotten better over the years and I think now he's pretty good to listen to. He's been promoting the program for a long time and it seems like he was the first member of the media around here to really do so, long before he was calling the games. He's also better than the dolts ESPN has calling the action. I was out of the seating area for a bit during the first game and listened to some of ESPNs call. Awful. Simply awful. I don't care that Bucigross loves the game. I love the game and know the college game as well as either of the ESPN talking heads but you don't want me calling the action on national TV.

Was just thinking about how brutal the TV call is.
by Ahoya06  (2017-04-06 22:22:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barry Melrose sounds like he'd rather be anywhere else, and Bucci's a little *too* excited to be there.

I love Bucci and he's a big advocate for college hockey when there are few, but he gets so over the top on his call.

I actually love Pritchett's call. I think he does a great job for being in the booth solo, something that's hard to do in hockey.

Agree completely on Pritchett.
by OCND  (2017-04-06 22:38:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very competent and fills the space well.