The RBs are certainly better than the WRs
by mocopdx (2024-04-24 17:24:49)

In reply to: I'm sure Denbrock...  posted by Wass

The question I have is- what will the 2024 OL do better? Run block or pass block? I ask because I don't know. Given the system, I don't think it matters. They'll focus far more on teaching pass blocking even if it's obvious they'd be a better run blocking unit with proper practice time.

That is my point
by Wass  (2024-04-24 17:32:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The OL is better suited to run blocking (at least from what little I saw) and the running backs played very well, yet they are going to be pass blocking despite a pretty mediocre WR stable (which will improve when injuries heal, Collins gets to ND, and Faison is playing). Even with the additions, the RBs are better overall than the WRs. Roujd peg, meet square hole.

I'm curious how many of his runs ended out of bounds or
by tdiddy07  (2024-04-26 08:36:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in slides. The faster the player, the easier to escape contact into open space that gives you time to do both--especially on a scramble. I would guess Daniels did not have to absorb as much contact as the average scrambling qb, though I certainly didn't watch them closely. I would just note that when comparing his two years versus the expected experience someone like Leonard, who I understand to be athletic but without the top-end speed that Daniels has.