Slight hijack. Dylan Edwards who left us at the altar for CO
by 512 (2024-04-23 14:30:41)

In reply to: DB Micah Bell to transfer portal *  posted by bsuryn

entered the portal today.

Much different times than when Vinnie Cerrato just had to deploy his secret weapon Moff.

Story out here
by BeijingIrish  (2024-04-23 20:26:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that Edwards increasingly believed he would be marginalized ("not enough touches") as Sanders showcased his son.

Not hard to believe. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-23 20:33:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw Dylan Edwards play in high school. It looked like the
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-23 19:54:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

other players were in slow motion. He was really fast and elusive. I’m sure he’ll find a new home quickly.
IIRC, his recruitment went K-State —> ND—> CU. He may circle back to K-State. Who knows?

So it isn't just a rumor
by Wass  (2024-04-23 14:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Funny how that altered the way ND recruited RB in 2024, and for the better. Love certainly seems to be the better RB from the class, and the two incoming freshman also appear to be solid players. Edwards bought into the "We comin'" BS and joins a growing list of players jumping in the portal this cycle. I don't see how you can build a team the way Sanders is doing it.

Sanders was not known for being a team player.
by mkovac  (2024-04-23 15:51:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like that attitude has imbued his coaching tenure.

When he loses a lead, he looks like he withdraws into himself and just gives up.

I wonder if he thinks that he's the problem. He is, you know.

I figure that he's got two more years at Colorado and then he hits the bricks.

He's always been full of himself
by Wass  (2024-04-23 18:20:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back when he was playing baseball in the minors, my dad got his autograph. He signed it Deion $anders. He is a typical narcissist. He does nothing wrong and it's always someone else's fault. As sich, when they lose, it's the players fault, and in his mind, he has to get rid of them. My dad watched one of CU's games and said Sanders looked completely lost when they got way behind. He seemed to have a better attitude at JSU, but is completely full of himself at CU. If one of the Florida jobs comes open, he'll go after it. I think he will go after a pro job if he gets some success at the D1 level. I don't see him at CU after his kids and Hunter leave.

Sounds about right
by mkovac  (2024-04-23 18:45:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His problem - he's not a coach.

He's a carnival barker that is about as deep as a child's blow up wading pool.

I'm pretty sure the level of disgust with him among knowledgeable CU supports is already fermenting.

It is odd. He had a very decent first season. And the
by 512  (2024-04-23 14:50:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

family was tight with Deion. But CO just signed that running back from OSU. Who knows.

At this point its too much to even give a shit about.