Some more notes (some redundant)
by SEE (2024-04-23 10:01:59)
Edited on 2024-04-23 10:35:03

The big theme to me is the depth ND has built under Freeman. Outside of OL, every position has a strong two deep. Nickel and safety might be the other spots lacking perfect depth. Under Kelly, it always seems like there was one glaring hole. One of the most well played spring games in recent memory.

QB play, across the board, is better than ND has recently had. But… is it NC level? Leonard was a 57% passer. Frank said every QB is good enough to win 10 games, but can any of them win 12? Minchey and Carr can create, which may be needed.

RB is deep. Payne is a big surprise, kid accelerates with power. Williams is a tough, strong player. He (207) and Young (228) are college ready. Still not sure we have a star from the B/G game. My money’s on Pride. Love, obviously, has a sky ceiling.

OL as noted below is a mess right now. Craig and Shrauth are solidified.

TE - If Evans comes back healthy, we’re going to be in real good shape. Underrated point: Raridan blocked really well.

WR - No obvious stars, but really good depth. Collins still to come aboard. Seems like a whole lot of possession receivers to me. Some hope that Harrison and Mitchell can be game breakers.

DE - Traore and Young have AA potential. Oben is as advertised.

DT - Onye would be a starter most years. If Rubio comes back, ND is in great shape. Sevillano isn’t in great shape, btw, but people seem shocked at his speed.

LB - With Kia back, loaded with talent. Sneed, Ausberry, KVA and Bowen all have elite potential. They’re going to make mistakes. Observers seem shocked by Kia's play. Most raw talent at LB since... can't remember.

CB - Gray is the new Morrison.

S - Schuler and Watts look good with Heard still coming in.

P - Actually have a problem here.

Replies: