Deep thoughts
by SEE (2024-04-22 13:58:51)

RB - Williams really does look like Williams. He had one play where he was a decoy on a pass play and he pancaked an LB anyway — away from the play. Just for sport. He’s 207 as a HS in age. I thought Payne was the best RB on the day. Love has whoosh speed, but he does expose a lot of his body. No one looked as good as Estime. I’m a big fan of Price.

QB - Carr, throws a damn pretty ball. Carr led a TD drive in his first drive in ND stadium. He looks better than Book and Pyne as a HS senior in age. No one threw a better ball than Minchey to Gilbert for that TD. Though Carr’s TD pass to Gilbert was close.

Angeli showed up with some pretty good stats.

WR - Is Colzie finally coming on? Maybe he benefited from the coaching change as much as anyone. Gilbert is advanced. Where’d he come from?

TE - Raridan looked good. Still looks thin at 250.

OL - Shouldn’t Jagusah be a RT? And Wagner move to LT? Rocco might finally be getting there. Clearly some work to do with 7 sacks.

Offensive line issues
by NDde  (2024-04-23 04:02:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Freeman and Rudolph really need to figure this out. It would suck if a weak OL held this team back. Hell, if there's one solid unit on an ND football team, it should be the offensive line.

I do realize, however, that the wide-open (finesse) style we play does not make it easy for the OL to be a bunch of maulers.

Its a mess
by SEE  (2024-04-23 09:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jagusah is not a left tackle
Baker can’t pass block
Wagner can’t run block
Coogan makes big mistakes
Rocco struggles with assignments and quickness
Pendelton can’t snap

But other than that, we're solid. *
by MD1997  (2024-04-23 11:29:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Has Coogan been on the first unit all Spring?
by Goldhelmethead  (2024-04-22 19:42:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would rather see Schrauth and Spindler at the Gaurd spots and have Coogan back up Craig at Center. Coogan struggled at Gaurd last year and does Craig have anyone challenging him depth wise at Center? I did not see the game. Were the snap exchanges clean or were we launching it over the QB's head on occasion?

Rocco has been recovering from his MCL injury *
by bsuryn  (2024-04-22 21:13:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coogan, Rocco
by Emil  (2024-04-23 16:11:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Help the judge find his checkbook