I didn't post that to assert that Kelly was a legendary
by tf86 (2024-03-28 12:33:30)

In reply to: Lou had 30 in 11 seasons.  posted by Moff

Coach. I only posted it to refute the OP's claim that Kelly had more losses at ND than almost any other coach at any other school had. Even without looking it up, that's counter-intuitive when you consider how long some of these coaches stayed at one school.

Of the list I provided, Majors in particular was shocking to me. It wasn't shocking to learn that he had more losses than any other coach in Tennessee's history, but I found the number and average losses per year (> 5) shocking.

That’s right, though he doesn’t compare particularly
by tdiddy07  (2024-03-29 00:17:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

favorably in losses per year. His numbers more closely resemble the guys I haven’t heard of or have barely heard of.

Didn't think you were. Your post just triggered my ever
by Moff  (2024-03-28 14:37:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Present impulse to show Kelly sucks. Apologies if it was a bit of a non sequitur to the point you were making.

It is a good and decent reflex. *
by Jfs86  (2024-03-29 07:03:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Majors didn't have Tony D at Tennessee. *
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-28 12:39:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post