I'm trying to picture Col. Stephens dressed up as the Trojan
by Moff (2024-03-26 18:28:43)
Edited on 2024-03-26 18:48:15

In reply to: I'm trying to picture Moose Krause in similar attire. *  posted by Kbyrnes

Oh wait. That happened at a team meeting in the Monogram Room in the Fall of 1987. It was pretty damn authentic looking too. I wonder if they borrowed it from USC, who were already in town.

The Colonel was late in showing up, but at that time only Lou knew what was going on. Everyone else was completely in the dark and thought it was just the usual Friday, pre-game lunch there. On this occasion, Lou had finished telling the team that they were about to hear from "A Great man from The West!" who was about to walk in, but then no one showed up. I was eventually dispatched to go outside the Monogram Room to see where this Great, but now very late, Man was. I walked out through the double doors, walked around a bit in the concourse and looked around the corners but saw no one. I had no idea who or what I was even looking for. I finally gave up and walked back in through the closed doors to report back to the Man. As soon as I opened the inner door, I immediately realized that the whole team was already staring at the doors and expecting this Great Man! to be the one entering. Instead, this idiot walked in. Without missing a beat, Frank Stams sprang out of his chair with a giant grin and yelled (in Monty Python fashion): "It's Moff! Moff is the Great Man From the West!!" and led a standing ovation as everyone cracked up, including Lou. Good times. The Colonel walked in a little later dressed as the Trojan and proceeded to try to rally the team by pissing them off. Also good times.