Anyone ever tailgated at Texas A&M?
by El Kabong (2024-03-24 20:01:00)

I found the website for Aggie Park, and RevelXP seems to do their pre-paid setup stuff. Saw a couple other websites, but nothing really talking about where their parking lots are.

Anyone with any experience in this matter?

August 31
by BeijingIrish  (2024-03-26 09:06:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Take bug spray, wear light clothing.

That's the plan *
by El Kabong  (2024-03-27 17:38:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This info might help:
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-25 17:00:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A few places. In terms of parking and tailgating, Reed Arena (our basketball and graduation arena) and the huge empty lot next to the Bush Library which is farther on west campus are free and have parking and tailgating. Sharing some screenshots below. Aggie Park has a lot of very nice tailgating spots right next to Kyle Field but you have to pay for space there. Same goes for Simpson Drill Field (where the corps conducts reviews).

Muchas gracias *
by El Kabong  (2024-03-25 22:05:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Once, in 2021. We crashed an old friends tailgate.
by dignan  (2024-03-24 22:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was one of those set up deals in this lot/field between the stadium and George Bush Dr. I think you had to do the paid set up, as each tailgate had a uniform appearance and there were no cars in the lot, only tents.

The setup was pretty nice- they put it up and take it down for you, and I think provide the food. You BYOB if I recall. I can’t imagine it was cheap, as the lot was a primo location and the aforementioned work was done for you. I did not see much else in the way of tailgating lots.

Some of the bars in town were fun if you don’t want to do the work- Dixie chicken and the Backyard both had good setups and are right next to each other.

I don't know if I can answer your particular question, but
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-24 20:29:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm happy to try to help. We've tailgated with our son's corps of cadets company, which is usually around the South Side Parking Garage. I've been able to park a number of places for free just across George Bush Drive.

As for places where people park and tailgate in the same place, I don't have any experience. I could ask my son though. He's a senior.

If you could find out about RV parking that’d be appreciated *
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-03-24 21:59:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Info linked (link)
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-24 22:10:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

VaDD can you email me please?
by GorgeousGeorge (click here to email the poster)  (2024-03-25 07:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't know how you do that, but I've seen others execute it. Thanks! GG

You have to include your email address in the box at the
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-25 10:47:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bottom of your message, below the text box.

OK, try now . . .
by GorgeousGeorge (click here to email the poster)  (2024-03-25 11:16:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . and thanks for the ed.

Done *
by VaDblDmr  (2024-03-25 11:41:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where you been old friend?? *
by Ryno  (2024-03-25 08:13:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enjoying the benefits of retirement
by GorgeousGeorge  (2024-03-25 09:19:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But still reading Rock's House regularly. GG

We first crossed paths on the old Irishline site I think.
by Ryno  (2024-03-25 18:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think you were in communications. Atlantic something and GTE? It was the late 90's I believe.

More or less correct
by GorgeousGeorge  (2024-03-25 22:47:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Regrettably, don't remember an encounter. GTE '90s is correct. Best, GG