Chat GPT told me to GFY
by El Kabong (2024-03-23 18:36:11)

I asked it "what current division 1 college football teams have never played notre dame". The first answer listed a lot of teams from the AAC, and when I asked it about the major conferences, it basically told me to consult Notre Dame's website.

So much for the AI revolution.

Ask it to do something more sophisticated
by KORZO78  (2024-03-27 06:54:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not built as a better search system. It is more an automation engine and is quite sophisticated. It passed the bar exam in a few states and can write original songs. It is not ready to replace a lawyer but could significantly reduce the time and need for paralegals. Companies are already using it to create programming code, marketing materials, and enrich the crappy chatbots that they have been using, so they do not have to field calls in the customer service center. In essence replacing people with machines in many different ways. Use cases should expand as more companies tinker with and tune it.

Every once in a while technology coalesces and dramatically changes how work gets done and people live their lives. Smartphones did that 15 years ago. IMO. this generation of AI has that potential.

Gemini told me we havent played: TTU, KSU, and ISU
by fontoknow  (2024-03-25 12:21:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course we have played ISU....

See the new Alan Iverson commercial for the Answer *
by RJD  (2024-03-24 11:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I blame DavieGPT
by drmurray  (2024-03-24 11:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has no intelligence.

That AI bastard

It's tongue Ty'd *
by tenordrum75  (2024-03-24 14:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I used it to look for family activity ideas for an upcoming
by VT2ND  (2024-03-24 10:01:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trip to Cabo. I ran a query asking for activity ideas for families with children, and it spit out a list. Good list, but I thought it was a little too tailored for older kids, so I asked it to refine it for activities suitable for a three-year old toddler. It spit out the same list, but replaced all references to "children" with "three year old."

That's not too smart! *
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-24 10:02:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It gave me the (wrong) answer straight away
by SavageDragon  (2024-03-24 08:18:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

User

what p5 teams has Notre Dame never played in football?

ChatGPT
As of my last update in January 2022, Notre Dame had played against every current member of the Power 5 conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12, and SEC) in football at least once. However, please note that conference alignments and membership can change over time due to conference realignment or other factors. Therefore, it's a good idea to verify this information with the most recent data available.

User
This can't be right -- Notre Dame and Auburn have never played in football.

ChatGPT
You are correct, and I apologize for the oversight. As of my last update in January 2022, Notre Dame and Auburn had indeed never played each other in football. Thank you for catching that mistake.

You witnessed a hallucination.
by PWK2  (2024-03-24 14:21:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not really. Just an error. But I love that term in the AI context.

I’ll blame you when we’re all enslaved *
by dignan  (2024-03-24 13:30:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Add Kentucky, Miss. St. & Kansas St.
by Lloyd braun  (2024-03-24 11:59:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's off the top of my head. There may be others.

I wish we had played K-State in '12. they didn't hold up
by JC  (2024-03-25 06:41:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their end of the bargain, and we get boat raced in Miami.

Add Arkansas. Game scheduled at ND for 9/16/2028, though. *
by arasera  (2024-03-24 13:50:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And @ Arkansas in 2025
by gordonbombay  (2024-03-25 13:30:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were supposed to host Arkansas in 2020, but we all know what happened - 2028 was the reschedule.

Thanks. *
by arasera  (2024-03-25 21:08:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post