QB situation just got interesting
by SEE (2024-03-23 13:25:41)

This will likely (hopefully, I mean) change some plans for
by Camarillo Brillo  (2024-03-24 10:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

entering the transfer portal. I would think Angeli and Minchey would have quite a bit more motivation to stay at ND to see how this all shakes out. Reading between the lines in Coach Freeman's comments, I don't think we should expect to see Leonard behind center for the rest of spring camp. Why would they risk it? Unfortunately, that means Notre Dame will break spring camp without naming a starting quarterback, and it will have to be settled in August. With a new offensive coordinator and possibly a first-time starter taking the field against Texas A&M on the road, this is shaping up to be a less-than-ideal situation.

It would be funny if this was all a ruse.
by Oddball  (2024-03-23 19:28:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe Angeli has outplayed Leonard during the early spring and has become Denbrock’s 2024 version of Kizer - but more locked in and focused. Now they need to put out a story to cover why Leonard won’t start.

I guess we will have to see if Leonard has a “prolonged recovery” that carries into summer and fall…

I never knew that at the time.
by AraStopTheSnow  (2024-03-25 12:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was that the skinny on Kizer, that he was viewed as lacking focus? I always just had the impression as a non-wired spectator that he was another in a long line of quarterbacks that Purple Face ruined.

That was one of the knocks on him from scouts.
by Oddball  (2024-03-25 23:07:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For whatever scout evals are worth, there were comments that he lacked focus. Along with being ruined by Kelly.

I knew BK took revenge on him for leaving early.
by AraStopTheSnow  (2024-03-26 23:42:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wasn't sure what was the truth and what was slander from his own sniveling head coach. In any case, thanks for elaborating.

Username matches the posting content 100% *
by carroll2005  (2024-03-24 16:29:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who shot JFK? *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-23 22:27:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LBJ's cabal *
by RJD  (2024-03-24 11:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A stress fracture perhaps? *
by jt  (2024-03-23 14:40:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how
by tmr779  (2024-03-23 14:58:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did you know?

he might miss most or all of spring
by jt  (2024-03-23 15:51:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from what I've heard.

Articles now say he’s out for sure for spring
by Btd  (2024-03-23 18:50:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At best he will come back at the very end for no contact type drills and won’t play in the BG game. He is entering damaged goods territory now. This is the 3rd time he has had a setback with this ankle and this time we are 4 months or longer since he was shutdown for the season.

Will Minchey pass Angeli with the extra spring reps?
by K-Rock  (2024-03-23 13:31:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Minchey does pass Angeli this spring I predict Minchey will start against A&M.

Not sure how that would happen
by njnd96  (2024-03-23 14:47:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Angeli is getting first team reps now, and has been good to quite good in game reps. I would think that Minchey would have to just blow the doors off at practice and the BG game to have a shot at passing him for the opener. Not saying that he couldn't take over in season if Angeli faltered, but I cam't see it for the opener.

I think Angleli is pretty good
by ACross  (2024-03-25 13:23:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure why anybody would root against him