Sounds like a communications strategy to me ...
by JC (2021-12-02 09:38:52)

In reply to: According to Pete Thamel  posted by mocopdx

Insert yourselves into the news during the conference championship weekend. I like it ... good strategy if you ask me.

Friday afternoon/ night announcement IMO *
by kellykapowski  (2021-12-02 13:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hoping it's announced at 9 am EST on Saturday *
by gmb66  (2021-12-02 11:27:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it may be an o leary vetting byproduct
by ratinatux  (2021-12-02 09:50:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I remember correctly there was some time between the leak and the formalization for Weis or Kelly or both and an intensive background vetting process was the explanation

That's my guess as well. But as noted below,
by tdiddy07  (2021-12-02 10:05:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we see that delay with assistants all the time already. I don't know why there would need to be some notable additional period of vetting.

Wouldn't ND have already vetted Freeman
by reilly  (2021-12-02 10:02:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when he was hired as DC?

I assume the HC undergoes a more extensive process but
by ratinatux  (2021-12-02 10:35:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe the same one applies to HC as well. maybe they’re haggling over contract detailsz maybe its a pr strategy

Doubtful. Admin has to assume that there is always the
by kellykapowski  (2021-12-02 13:25:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Potential for an assistant to be promoted to the top. If would look far worse if he had been an assistant and during a HC background check it came time light that (insert whatever). We would be a laughing stock for hiring him previously.

It should be Saturday morning then
by DakotaDomer  (2021-12-02 09:42:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It certainly shouldn't wait until after the committee convenes. I think they typically watch games "together" on Saturday and start placing teams in real-time before the reveal Sunday at noon.

Every studio show will want Marcus Freeman as a guest
by Boston Domer  (2021-12-02 10:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's imperative that he holds the title of head football coach on Saturday morning at the latest.

Agree *
by JC  (2021-12-02 09:45:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post