I typically stay away from other teams' message boards
by Ty Webb (2021-12-02 09:31:41)
Edited on 2021-12-02 09:32:40

At this point, Kelly is gone so screw him. But out of curiosity I was perusing the LSU board this morning to see how they are taking to Kelly.

This thread had me chuckling, specifically about getting plays in on time. Or the part to not expect the spread but instead expect "big boy ball".

Big Boy Ball... with spread principles.
by Kayo  (2021-12-02 12:18:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gotta use those spread principles.

Perhaps Kelly demands LSU bolts to Big 12? *
by rfk  (2021-12-02 11:44:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Scott Woodward likes shiny, splashy hires...
by irishdemon  (2021-12-02 10:56:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did he really do his homework on Brian Kelly?

Did he get caught up in the 10-win seasons, the all-time wins record, Stewey Mandel's annual coaching rankings?

Think Woodward has any idea Brian Kelly is:

0-5 in the postseason vs. Clemson, Alabama & Ohio St.
4-17 vs. top-10 teams
1-8 vs. top-5 teams
0-3 at Michigan
0-4 at Stanford (when they're +500)
0-4 in major bowls

Should be a fun few years for him once he realizes who he's hitched his wagon to.

the "epitome of a winner" Scott? Really? Are you planning on moving to the ACC?

One caveat
by tf86  (2021-12-02 10:37:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In each of LSU's two most recent national championship seasons, I would argue that they won in spite of, rather than because of, their head coach. So who knows what will happen there for Kelly?

“He’s been limited by bad QB play”
by Bleedsgreen04  (2021-12-02 10:12:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gee, no speculation as to why he’s had bad QB play after 12 years at ND? Who would be responsible for that phenomenon?

Last year's QB plays for the New Orleans Saints right now. *
by Otter  (2021-12-02 11:26:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Indeed — his QBs often regress over their careers.
by JHND  (2021-12-02 10:15:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing will piss off Tiger fans more than Kelly ruining a homegrown five star quarterback talent.

And by "often" I assume you mean "always" *
by Irish Warrior  (2021-12-02 10:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coan got better. He really must have checked out this year *
by Dudd  (2021-12-02 10:54:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LSU has won NCs when they had great QB play
by RJD  (2021-12-02 10:09:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a given that Kelly will probably have outstanding talent on defense so this will all come down to Kelly's offense and quarterback development. But I expect LSU will sign the 5 star Johnson at QB...Rick

They sure signed a 5 Star Johnson as Head Coach. *
by tdiddy07  (2021-12-02 10:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy shit, this is gold. *
by austindomer  (2021-12-02 13:13:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A+ *
by RallyingSon  (2021-12-02 10:53:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is on first
by RJD  (2021-12-02 11:19:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel like Bud Abbott

One potential difference
by needamirer  (2021-12-02 09:43:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LSU's athletic director may force his hand in ways JS didn't. Kelly may fall into some success if he is forced to hire an offensive coordinator from outside his coaching tree who is allowed to install their own offense.

Did you witness Orgeron’s tenure? They are hiring Kelly
by frosh  (2021-12-02 09:49:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because they think they can trust him to make good decisions with regards to his staff and in game. That’s what make this all so hilarious.

I love you man, but
by Ollie McClellan  (2021-12-02 09:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are literally the person I know who most goes to other teams message boards…

In my younger days
by Ty Webb  (2021-12-02 09:50:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kids have squashed my sports watching. And killed my golf game too.

Some howlers
by El capitan  (2021-12-02 09:38:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Spread offense is very unlikely with BK. Expect big boy ball, a running back that will be a leader, and a balanced passing attack."

"He knows the Joe Bwady [sic] offense."

"I expect an OC that runs a spread, up tempo offense"

"OC - Lebby or Ohio State OC"

Comment on YouTube: "Brian Kelly is a master recruiter"
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2021-12-02 10:10:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I about spit out my Diet Coke when I read that. Maybe they left off the second part of "master-"....

Debater? *
by JHND  (2021-12-02 10:17:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did they not hear that BK Double was shopping his old staff?
by Brahms  (2021-12-02 09:54:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spread principles, baby !

I generally agree with the "forget about him" BK stance
by mocopdx  (2021-12-02 09:36:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That I've seen suggested on here. And I hope I never have to think about him much again. With that said, someone sent this to me and it is absolutely hilarious. BK being introduced at the LSU basketball game last night spouting bullshit with some vague fake southern folksy accent/cadence. Lionel Hutz, indeed. I'm so glad I get to laugh at this stuff now and not shake my head in disgust.

I don't know if Marcus Freeman will succeed, but thank god I can finally root for our head coach as a good and likable human being.

A meme PeteatND shared with me has come true.
by CMCIrish  (2021-12-02 09:59:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't want to watch BK speak when he was our coach
by mintirish  (2021-12-02 09:51:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

certainly don't want to waste 2 mins of my time watching his BS when he is somewhere else

“Lionel Hutz” is perfect.
by shawno3  (2021-12-02 09:47:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve been shaking my head at all the “Kelly just took a leak in the LSU admin building” posts. Like I tell my two teen kids all the time “No rear view mirror.” Fuck that guy. He’s gone and he was never worth any mindshare anyway. I’ve twice started to post the Mad Men scene when Draper says “I don’t think about you at all”. That is the mindset for which I advocate.

But goddammit, “Lionel Hutz” is fucking perfect.

Best post from the thread …this isn’t going to end well
by Limbosmullet  (2021-12-02 09:35:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“That’s not true, he’s ( Kelly) adapted everywhere he’s been. If we’re full of athletes, he’s not going to force them to play in a methodical offense where we don’t utilize our athlete.”

Sweet summer child winter is coming

Two recent words about Kelly. Limitless and adaptability.
by OldIrishFan  (2021-12-02 09:41:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Endless Spring is coming and it is a time of promise when things get fixed. There is a joke somewhere and it is on them.

The first thing that popped into my head reading that
by Ty Webb  (2021-12-02 09:39:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These dumb asses don't have a clue who they actually just hired, do they?

That post summarized what they don’t know *
by dulac89  (2021-12-02 09:46:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go check out their "Coaching Changes" Board
by Irish Warrior  (2021-12-02 09:43:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You'll be laughing your ass off. Maybe some of those guys would reach out to LSU, but I can't see Kelly knowing or being able to recruit them to be on "his" staff anywhere.