echo others...Weis was good to former players
by irishrock (2021-12-02 09:10:34)

In reply to: Long overdue-Weis was no better. *  posted by Dillon

and was well liked...they might not have had confidence that he'd turn it around, but the give guys I know all felt that Weis did a lot of reaching out to former players to embrace the past

Perhaps I drew an unwarranted inference.
by Dillon  (2021-12-02 09:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bumped into a former player who complained shortly after Weis was hired that monogram guys were excluded from the football offices.

I heard at one point that the events they started the night
by Moff  (2021-12-02 09:54:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before the games in the Schivarelli media room/player’s lounge were in response to rumblings re treatment on game weekends during the Weis regime. I can understand why you don’t want people hanging around the Football Office on a home game weekend though. I know that not what Wes and Tim were talking about in the podcast, however.

I remember hitting the men’s room during a game long after we graduated. I ran into a DL that needed multiple surgeries from playing days at ND. I let him know it was bullshit that he had to search for a ticket to the game, especially since when we graduated, being a member of the Monogram Club meant access to two two tickets to games for life. They nixed that when the number of sports grew, and Holtz had ticket demand at high levels. Of course, they could have continued the guarantee for the FB guys but I guess they figured that wasn’t fair.