Is Kelly a Trophy for Woodward?
by volley (2021-12-02 08:12:00)

Shortly after Orgeron was fired, I heard an interview with a reporter who covers LSU football. He was saying that Woodward’s philosophy is that no coach is unattainable. And that once he sets his sights on someone, he’s going to make it very difficult for that person to say no to his offer.

So, while I think that they believe Kelly can win a NC, I’m wondering if this wasn’t also Woodward going big game hunting to burnish his own credentials. To be the first person to hire a football coach away from fabled Notre Dame. And the fact that he did it while the team was still in playoff contention only adds to the impressiveness of the kill.

3rd choice. Steak knives. *
by SEE  (2021-12-02 09:15:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

might even have been 4th
by DBCooper  (2021-12-02 09:29:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Supposedly they asked Tomlin too

well, his first choice was Riley
by irishrock  (2021-12-02 09:14:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he was in a position where he had to pull a big name...and he did spending other people's money.

Kelly is going to get crushed in the SEC...he won't even win an SEC West title...ever, much less a SEC or national championship. Saban drove Urban Meyer out of the SEC...and in a sense also drove Riley to USC. But he'll get his money

Like hiring Typhoid Mary to become your family’s cook *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-12-02 08:59:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Road kill is road kill no matter what *
by OldIrishFan  (2021-12-02 08:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He can keep his trophy *
by Hatchet Man  (2021-12-02 08:23:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Woodward wants bright and shiny things
by Endthecursein05  (2021-12-02 08:17:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He brought Jimbo Fisher to A&M when he was there. He brought Kim Mulkey to LSU after her success at Baylor. Theory was he wanted Fisher back at LSU, and Riley was option 2 and Kelly became option 3. He was going to get a big name, because that is what he does. Will it work, we will all see rather quickly.

He may have thought he was bagging a lion.
by 2ndstreeter  (2021-12-02 08:14:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Meow.