What bothered me was his repeating that "nobody here did
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen (2021-12-01 12:02:48)

In reply to: He gave the players 2 minutes  posted by ndbilly

anything wrong". I don't think anyone was thinking that, Brian. Did a divorce counselor write your speech?

Of course that's what he repeated
by pmcdnd96  (2021-12-01 13:34:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In his head, he is the center of the universe. So those kids must think they did something wrong in order for the greatest coach in Notre Dame history to leave them. And dammit, he couldn't come right out and tell them that it was their failure to execute his perfect game plans that led to him wanting to go elsewhere, to a place where the administration isn't always cutting him off at the knees by forcing the players to know how to read and write and actually go to class. So instead, he repeatedly told them it wasn't their fault and graciously allowed them to continue on with their now meaningless lives.

My first marriage was good for one thing: the realization that trying to apply logic and reason to the actions of a crazy person is a waste of time. OK, my kids are pretty good too.

Seriously. "No shit, coach. This is entirely on you." *
by ndzippy  (2021-12-01 12:58:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s not you, it’s me
by Azars31  (2021-12-01 12:16:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Channeling his inner George Costanza

Did he drag the Camping World trophy behind his car? *
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:19:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coach…coach did we do something to cause you to leave…sniff
by Inigomontoya  (2021-12-01 12:14:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly is a huge dickface to even imply anyone was thinking that.

Good riddance. The only positive thing I can credit Kelly for is deciding to leave. He was 12 years of wasted time.

If next coach doesn’t get it done, then fine by me that we didn’t have another 4 years of Kelly.

"Don't blame Conan" (link)
by gregmorrissey  (2021-12-01 12:05:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post