Agree, and reinstitute the pregame Mass, and the walk from
by other_guy (2021-12-01 11:38:50)

In reply to: Maybe this is a pipe dream  posted by buffaloirish

the basilica to the stadium.

What if the players don’t want it?
by irishsundevil  (2021-12-01 11:56:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Recruits choose ND know the expectations and traditions. However what if these changes were led by players. Does that matter?

Based on my knowledge of how our players felt about it,
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:04:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and still feel about it, and how our coaches feel about it (including Lou and Digger, for that matter) I'm going to assume this is purely hypothetical question.

Are you talking current players? Things change. *
by irishsundevil  (2021-12-01 12:19:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you talking about any players?
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is your evidence for your statements?

If any, are you arguing they are okay with it on another day, but have a problem with it on Saturday?

How many players have a problem with it? Why?

When did things change?

I’m not stating anything.
by irishsundevil  (2021-12-01 12:42:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My point was simple. If the players have made it known, by vote or whatever, they would prefer not to attend mass on game day. Is it worth reinstating?

I have never claimed to know why mass was done away with. However, just asking that if this was driven by the players why force them to go back.

It wasn't by vote of the players or driven by them.
by Moff  (2021-12-01 12:50:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've never heard anyone even suggest that.

Kelly used it as an excuse for why he could not motivate the team and why they came out flat at home and were beaten by some shitty teams.

This, this, this. *
by revressbo  (2021-12-01 11:52:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post