Who is dumber here- Kelly or LSU?
by drmurray (2021-11-30 07:34:26)

This makes zero sense especially given his age and current safety net that no other coach in football enjoys…except for the money.

Kelly is such a slime ball. I guess I will never be in a position to understand where I need more than $7M. The move just reveals where his true motivation and loyalty lie - with himself. Glad to see him go but I just don’t get it.

LSU? They’re f*cked.

I still have bad gas… and I blame Davie… and the garlic mashed potatoes.

Brian Kelly has won everywhere he has been
by faustfever  (2021-11-30 08:01:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He will win at LSU. By win, it might mean going 8-5, but he will win. He will run his stupid offense, and it will be his undoing.

He never liked it here. It’s his FU to ND
by NDEE01  (2021-11-30 07:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame was his stopping stop to the NFL, but then he got stuck until someone dumb enough came to hire him.

Sure the money matters, but I’m sure there’s resentment towards many fans who hate him and don’t love him for being the winningest coach at ND.

Agree. Cross said it well below
by Brahms  (2021-11-30 08:10:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly is the same insular, brand-whoring meathead he was we he first came to ND.

He should have never been tolerated this long.

I’m fine with him leaving, I only regret the new ways we’ll find to screw up this next search.

His timetable was thrown off course the last 12 years.
by MrE  (2021-11-30 08:17:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His plan was to come to ND, win a national title, then move on to the NFL and win a Super Bowl. Then retire to broadcasting and speaking engagement paydays.

He was supposed to be on part 3 right about now.

LSU is, in his mind I think, a chance to at least get a national title - unencumbered by all the things holding him back from accomplishing that at ND.

LSU by far! *
by smac8567  (2021-11-30 07:46:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post