Kelly fled before getting the covers pulled off yet again.
by Boomer80 (2021-11-30 07:12:07)

The winningest coach in school history sees either another playoff berth blowout or -worse- having to play a pissed off Ohio State team in a consolation bowl. I think if that happens he doesn’t want to be around. Run Kelly run, because pretty good isn’t good enough! Wait until LSU finds out that he doesn’t know how to win the big one. Do they really think this guy is going to take out Alabama, Georgia and win it all in the SEC?? I have to wonder what drugs they’re taking down there. He’s a pretty good coach. He won’t get them there just like he didn’t get ND there in, what, 12 or so years of trying? But let’s not give the next guy an iron-clad 5 yr contract (unless he’s truly proven hot stuff, but they won’t get anybody like that). Give the new guy a 3 yr contract with some continuity clauses for good performance.

Thinking LSU was getting desperate. Really desperate. *
by rfk  (2021-11-30 07:52:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thats how it sounds to me too *
by DBCooper  (2021-11-30 07:59:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edit: He is NOT the winningest coach in school history! *
by smac8567  (2021-11-30 07:49:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think that's it
by NDAtty  (2021-11-30 07:42:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I had to guess he is leaving mostly due to ego, not fear. LSU told him how great he is, how much money he is worth, how much he can win at LSU and it fed right into his own thoughts about himself. That'd be my guess.

Like you and everyone else here, I don't know how he lasts long at LSU. He's going to be expected to win not just the SEC but the national championship. I'm not sure how he even wins the several big games a year needed for the SEC title, let alone the CFP. As you say: "Do they really think this guy is going to take out Alabama, Georgia and win it all in the SEC??"

LSU fired its last two coaches, both of whom won national championships. And they are going to be happy with Kelly? Uh, I don't know what to say. Maybe I'll be surprised.

He was going to face Day, Dabo and Riley next year
by SEE  (2021-11-30 07:24:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

good time to leave if you can't win a big game.

BTW, Kelly's best win is still mediocre.

Have you seen who he faces next year
by JBrock18  (2021-11-30 07:28:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

FSU , Ole Miss, Miss St, Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, A&M. Good Luck Brian

Whew
by NDAtty  (2021-11-30 07:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fans may be calling for his firing by the end of his first year.

My LSU friends are already worried
by doghoused  (2021-11-30 07:18:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“He won’t fit in here.”
“He gets outcoached in big games”
“He constantly throws players under the bus.”
“Has he ever recruited in Texas?”

These are a sample of quotes.

Over/under. The last ND-connected LSU coach, Gerry
by ndhouston  (2021-11-30 07:29:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

DiNardo, won 32 games at LSU, 18 in the SEC, when he coached there from 1994 through 1999. Like Brian Kelly, DiNardo had no clue about the unique subculture that is Louisiana, especially south Louisiana.

You can win at LSU with only Louisiana players - that state is the Dominican Republic of the NFL when it comes to players per capita - but I can't imagine Kelly putting forth the recruiting effort to do so. Austin, Texas beckons, as does A&M and Alabama. My guess is that Kelly will get absolutely pantsed in this new job. Swarbrick isn't there to schedule the ACC Coastal instead of the SEC West.

My bet is that Kelly won't beat DiNardo's record for total wins. He'll last 3 years.

I'm impressed how well they know him already *
by Colonel Mustard  (2021-11-30 07:20:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They usually show the ND game in New Orleans *
by ndhouston  (2021-11-30 07:30:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are all spot on
by Brahms  (2021-11-30 07:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s now their $15 million dollar meathead.

Kelly can’t recruit a decent staff let alone manage clock
by Brahms  (2021-11-30 07:17:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And his work ethic and personality aren’t going to set the world in fire.

LSU is smoking crack to pay top dollar for this meathead.

Jack weeps, though. And the timing is pure Kelly.