If Freeman is hired, I think we need an OC with
by otters92 (2021-11-30 00:17:13)

In reply to: A week ago I would have taken Freeman in a trade for Kelly.  posted by k-rock

major college head coaching experience. I’d make an offer to Mack Brown or David Cutcliff.

(I know Mack Brown is still HC of UNC, but his welcome is wearing thin and maybe he’d relish the opportunity to mentor an up-and-comer.)

Dan Mullen. Exceptional offensive mind.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-11-30 03:03:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No kidding, he just has no clue on D.

The kids on the live stream think the world of Rees. *
by Fresnodomer  (2021-11-30 00:25:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know you’re being facetious, but
by otters92  (2021-11-30 00:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My thought is that Freeman would need help learning how to be a head coach. ND shouldn’t be the place someone does that for the first time. I think Freeman will eventually be great, but it’s going to be a bumpy road.

It’s a different world now
by NDFaninMadTown  (2021-11-30 00:47:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even NFL guys wanna play for young cool dudes like Freeman. Ryan Day wasn’t a head coach nor was Lincoln Riley before they bitch slapped the shit out of people. And those are at blue blood programs too. In this transfer portal NIL world it’s all about the talent. This isn’t 1997.

Give him some leeway on the portal in terms of taking transfers in good standing from non joke majors and make him provide a short list of OC candidates. Then the current class and best pieces of roster stay in tact.