Candidates:
by Hickster (2021-11-29 23:01:21)

Initial thoughts on candidates, however I am sure there are other appropriate candidates. Make Marcus the Interim Head Coach and observe how he responds.

Coaches to approach: Go for the best regardless of the circumstances.
1. Nick Saban - why not approach, although very unlikely he would leave Alabama
2. Urban Meyer - Saban left Miami after 1 year
3. Matt LeFleur - Green Bay Head Coach - ND QB Coach 2014
4. John Harbaugh
5. Luke Fickle
6. Marcus Freeman - tremendous upside - could bring ND recruiting to Top 5, which is required to be a NC Contender.
7. Others

Lincoln Riley was a homerun hire for USC. I would prefer a top notch offensive mind, to be brought in as Head Coach or hire an OC to recruit and develop an elite QB (key position for a NC team).

Savvy Jack should be giving Urban a lap dance right now (link)
by Asian_dude_4  (2021-11-29 23:11:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tweaks to your list
by Ty Webb  (2021-11-29 23:06:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saban - sure, give him a call, but that will likely be a quick conversation unless you have some serious cash to throw around.

Meyer - Yeah, no. His latest "transgression" won't help and I bet ND would be worried about what other ticking time bombs Meyer has on him.

Harbaugh - The cool one. Would be a nice hire.

LeFleur - Interesting name for sure but he is in the midst of a SB run, would be a tough hire IMO.

Fickell - I could get behind this but have other names above him.

Ruhle - I think he's a stud. He made Temple and Baylor into national teams in his short time at both stops. He played ND tough in 2015 and had Temple ranked. Baylor was left for dead after Briles and he had them as legitimate in three years. He'd be my #1 choice after Saban (which again is a real long shot).

Freeman - He seems like if everything else falls apart, go get him. You know he'll recruit his ass off.

How well did Rhule recruit?
by gregmorrissey  (2021-11-29 23:14:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clearly he coached them up. But, I'd be interested to know about how he managed those turnarounds (JUCO transfers?), who he's assembled around him as a staff, and how does he handle close games. As others pointed out, his record against the better teams he faced was just so-so.

Very well
by Ty Webb  (2021-11-29 23:34:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Given the situations, he recruited quite well and some of Baylor's current success is due to kids he brought in.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if he was a JUCO/transfer fast riser *
by gregmorrissey  (2021-11-29 23:51:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder how dry the ink is on Riley
by Nyirish08  (2021-11-29 23:03:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His offense with an emerging Freeman D could be interesting, and we could F USC in the process.

$6 million could buy quite the house in South Bend
by otters92  (2021-11-29 23:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

*Riley’s contract at USC reportedly has a clause stating USC will buy a $6 million house in LA for Riley.