Rees?
by Otter (2021-11-29 18:07:28)

In reply to: Who would be a big enough name to unify NDNation?  posted by gregmorrissey

The rest of your post made sense.

Talk to him - Didn't say offer him the job
by gregmorrissey  (2021-11-29 18:12:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be focused on gathering as many data points as possible. And, while I don't think it's true, I don't personally know enough about Rees to know that he's not elite. That being said, after being around him for 10 years, Jack Swarbrick should.

I'm going to speak "Ex Cathedra" as Pope Otter on this one.
by Otter  (2021-11-29 18:19:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hear me now and for all time:

We will NEVER and should NEVER EVER EVER hire a 29 year old head coach. Ever.

I respect your overall process and it's WAY better than old Whistlepig would ever put together, but even he in his unbridled arrogance wouldn't hire someone born in 1992.

Anyone disagreeing? I will meet you in trial by combat behind the Chevron station.

Ha. And fair point which I'm in agreement with.
by gregmorrissey  (2021-11-29 18:26:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll admit that I forgot that Rees is only 29. I feel like he was 30 when he was quarterback just 10 years ago. And, again, I'm not advocating for Rees in any way whatsoever. I'm simply advocating for a practical approach to the process that doesn't rely on the big or popular name or just the first name that pops into Swarbrick's head.