Unsatisfying would be playing Pitt or Wake or whoever
by miamioh_irishfan (2021-11-27 23:43:50)

In reply to: And yet, still disappointing and unsatisfying  posted by gregmorrissey

in the Peach Bowl.

Playing and beating one of the Big 10 teams in the Fiesta Bowl and finishing 3rd would not be unsatisfying.

If the favorites all win their games next weekend,
by Xaeryne  (2021-11-28 01:14:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Georgia-Cincinnati
Michigan-OkSU

Rose: tOSU-Utah
Sugar: Alabama-Oklahoma
Fiesta: ND-Ole Miss/MSU
Peach: Pitt/Wake-MSU Ole Miss

I no longer think it is possible for us to end up in the Peach. Either Cinci is in the playoff, or they lose and we are in and Houston goes to the Fiesta.

Now for chaos:
Georgia, Iowa, Baylor, Oregon, Houston all win.

Georgia, ND, Baylor...then who? Oregon? Alabama? Iowa? What if Utah wins?

Really.???
by IRISHLUV23  (2021-11-28 01:07:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My have times have changed. We went from competing and winning National Championships to being happy and content with winning the Fiesta Bowl and finishing in 3rd place. Now I see what they're talking about when they speak of the blind sheep fan base.

That's not really what I typed *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2021-11-28 09:05:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would be for me. The non-playoff games are meaningless
by gregmorrissey  (2021-11-28 00:14:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

10%+ of the starting lineups are likely to sit out. And you can’t gauge anything from them because the other team may be treating it like the meaningless game that it is, see Georgia vs Cincinnati last year.

Credit to the coaches and team for going 11-1. It’s not easy. But, losing the one game we had to have and doing it because our offensive coaches didn’t make a qb change quick enough and our defensive coaches stubbornly tried to make the 3 man front work leaves me with the same frustration we’ve had for far too long