We scheduled Toledo *
by Cards86 (2021-11-24 18:27:18)

In reply to: Seven (7) of CFP top-ten scheduled FCS teams this year.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

This user did not provide content for this post

In Massey composite ratings, they are 3rd-best in the MAC,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-11-24 21:56:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

though they are only 6-5 and two of their wins were against UMass and Norfolk St.

The Rockets give 85 scholarships - not so w/ FCS *
by oldtownirish  (2021-11-24 18:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the Rockets beat two FCS teams this year
by Twinkie the Kid  (2021-11-24 18:56:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By nearly a combined 100 points.

It's not the same. FCS teams are glorified scrimmages.

Sagarin has Toledo as 71.
by squid  (2021-11-24 19:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

72: Texas Tech
73: Missouri
74: Virginia Tech

It’s another example of stupid scheduling by ND. We don’t even know how to schedule a body bag team. I’ll repeat that I think we should only schedule marquee teams - every game should be the matchup of the week. Going 9-3 against the top 25 would be a great season. And more interesting than playing Tulsa and Toledo.

That's just as crazy as under-scheduling
by El Kabong  (2021-11-25 07:14:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Playing top-25 teams every week sounds like fun from a fan's perspective, but throws away the possibility of a national title forever. The players would get the crap beaten out of them. What would be the point of that?

MLB doesn’t play AAA.
by squid  (2021-11-25 11:21:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The talent and resource gap between the top 25 or top 40 teams and the rest of college football is real. And I think a 9-3 team would get in the playoff.