Hold on thar, Baba Looey
by ndzippy (2021-11-23 14:35:24)

In reply to: hold on there  posted by DBCooper

"I have no patience for someone calling me a pansy or any other derogatory comment."

Let's establish what really happened here. You were the first to use derogatory language: "You keep crying about Kelly as just an average coach no one is going to listen to you."

When I said you don't know me well enough to know what I cry about, you said you were making a general comment about people complaining. Fine.

I followed up later by saying: "Man, ND fans seem like the biggest pansies on earth with respect to taking on risk with a head coach. I'd be willing to bet they don't operate the same way when it comes to their finances."

I never used the word "you"; I was also generalizing. If you choose to interpret that as me using "derogatory" language toward you, that's on you.

Then I made what I intended to be a joke when I started a post, aimed at you, with "ya pansy". I think further context (i.e., saying you "keep your money in a 0.3% checking account"...I mean, come on, who does that?) supports the fact that I was joking, but I apologize if I stepped over the line.

You followed with "You would probably wet your pants if you had to do my job for a day." I think that's worse than being called a "pansy", but to each their own. I also think it's not true, as I spent plenty of time supporting life & death missions during my time in the Air Force.

I harbor no ill will toward you, and I don't believe I deserved the level of response I received from you based on the comments I shared in my posts. Let's just move on.

Replies: