I agree, but it's Alabama.
by austindomer (2021-11-23 13:55:52)
Edited on 2021-11-23 13:57:30

In reply to: Unless Alabama goes down on a missed FG  posted by RJD

Whether we like it or not, their unprecedented dominance of the sport for the past decade and a half earns them special consideration from the committee.

It does? Where is the evidence to support that? *
by NDavenue  (2021-11-23 16:09:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The committee is not going to schedule a rematch
by NDCuse  (2021-11-23 14:14:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For Bama to lose to UGA and still make the playoff, the committee would have to slot them at #3, likely over an undefeated Cincinnati and/or a couple of 1-loss teams. That will be difficult to justify.

Why not? *
by rockmcd  (2021-11-23 16:37:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think a 2-loss SEC Champ Bama would deserve it...
by revressbo  (2021-11-23 13:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

over us, and a 2-loss non-SEC Champ Bama would not. And I think the committee would likely agree. A win over UGA would be far, far more impressive than anything we'd have accomplished this season.

If they don't beat UGA then I think they will (and should) be out.