This is true - and besides...
by irishdemon (2021-11-22 08:55:37)
Edited on 2021-11-22 09:01:32

In reply to: There is NO likely scenario at this time  posted by vairishfan1

If anything, it's looking more and more "likely" that Cincinnati makes the playoffs - which would put Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl.

But yeah, Cincinnati could win out - but Alabama could beat Georgia and the B12 champ could have one loss, and the Bearcats could get pushed to #5.

So yes, too many variables still in play to make a sound prediction on ND's bowl game destination.

GA beating AL helps our cause tremendously *
by vairishfan1  (2021-11-22 14:08:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It does help of course - but nothing is guaranteed.
by irishdemon  (2021-11-22 15:41:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it comes down to 11-2 Alabama and 11-1 Notre Dame, which team do you think will get the nod?

I honestly don't know but I don't like our chances.

I think the, "Alabama is out if they lose to Georgia" crowd might be both surprised and disappointed by the ultimate final four.

But again, just a guess.

Peach v. Pitt is a bit fuzzy, at this point. *
by MrE  (2021-11-22 08:59:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Peach Pit After Dark *
by momjeans  (2021-11-22 10:23:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post