Clemson reminds me of some Duke and UNC basketball teams
by dulac89 (2021-11-22 03:32:20)
Edited on 2021-11-22 12:15:48

In reply to: Nightmare scenario: Beatdown by Clemson in Peach  posted by gregmorrissey

Wake losing to BC would be a huge upset and not likely. BC doesn't match up well. While Wake's defense has been suspect all year, their offense still allows them to outscore most everyone. Their big weakness is against teams that can a) pressure Sam Hartman and b) have a powerful running attack. Neither of these are strengths of BC. Wake's two losses were to UNC and Ty Chandler running all over Wake's defense. Despite that, Wake had an 18 point lead later in the third Q. Clemson had both.

Clemson is a team full of ridiculous talent, and it was only a matter of time before that talent figured out how to start playing together. Their defensive line found a new higher gear against Wake, and will only get better. Likely too little too late for them but if the ACC championship game was in their control I would not bet against them. They remind me of the duke or North Carolina basketball teams with a lot of freshmen five star talent, have a bit of a rough regular season but by the time they hit the ACC tournament and the NCAA tournament their talent Find an extra gear and they work together as a team. But I think it’s too late for them. NC State might lose to UNC but I don't see Wake losing to BC at all