Nightmare scenario: Beatdown by Clemson in Peach
by gregmorrissey (2021-11-21 23:26:46)

In reply to: ND vs. Pitt in the Peach Bowl is the likely scenario,  posted by G.K.Chesterton

The board might rightfully need to be shut down until after the Spring game if that were to happen.

Clemson plays non-conference vs South Carolina so that result doesn't matter. But, if Boston College upsets Wake Forest and North Carolina beats NC State, then Clemson will play Pitt in the ACC championship game. My money would be on Dabo/Venables in that situation.

I clocked this on Saturday and I hate this possibility
by gordonbombay  (2021-11-22 12:32:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we played Clemson in the Peach Bowl, there would be little national attention from winning the game even though the Tigers are starting to at least somewhat resemble the powerhouse they were the previous 6 years, and plenty of ridicule for a defeat.

Clemson reminds me of some Duke and UNC basketball teams
by dulac89  (2021-11-22 03:32:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wake losing to BC would be a huge upset and not likely. BC doesn't match up well. While Wake's defense has been suspect all year, their offense still allows them to outscore most everyone. Their big weakness is against teams that can a) pressure Sam Hartman and b) have a powerful running attack. Neither of these are strengths of BC. Wake's two losses were to UNC and Ty Chandler running all over Wake's defense. Despite that, Wake had an 18 point lead later in the third Q. Clemson had both.

Clemson is a team full of ridiculous talent, and it was only a matter of time before that talent figured out how to start playing together. Their defensive line found a new higher gear against Wake, and will only get better. Likely too little too late for them but if the ACC championship game was in their control I would not bet against them. They remind me of the duke or North Carolina basketball teams with a lot of freshmen five star talent, have a bit of a rough regular season but by the time they hit the ACC tournament and the NCAA tournament their talent Find an extra gear and they work together as a team. But I think it’s too late for them. NC State might lose to UNC but I don't see Wake losing to BC at all

I think ND would have a reasonable chance in that game
by vivaflanner  (2021-11-21 23:55:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While playing Clemson for the 3rd time in 2 years isnt that appealing, I'll take it over Pitt or Wake Forest.

THere is a chance of a beat down tho.

I think we don't play Clemson in that scenario
by tf86  (2021-11-22 11:05:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We played them twice last year and three times in the last three years, including postseason. We also have them on the schedule in each of the next two seasons.

Under that scenario, I don't see how the Committee schedules ND-Clemson in a non-playoff NY6 bowl. The only way would be if Cincinnati were the only other option, but I think they'd put Clemson against Cincinnati in that event.

Me too.
by NDde  (2021-11-22 05:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would definitely rather face Clemson than those other two.