For his first year, very good
by JSDomer (2021-11-16 19:11:05)

In reply to: Freeman  posted by CHUCKND

Now he moves from installing his philosophy to tweaking it to fit the personnel. I think great things are ahead!

Decent chance he’s one and done here. *
by irishdemon  (2021-11-16 19:29:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 and done. Same as nearly every DC for 50 years *
by btd  (2021-11-17 00:05:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No way *
by frosh  (2021-11-16 20:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way. *
by irishdemon  (2021-11-18 09:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

why, and to where? *
by tjm (click here to email the poster)  (2021-11-16 20:10:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cincy when fickell takes SC/PSU/MSU/etc.
by bsuryn  (2021-11-16 20:38:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

i've seen his name mentioned with TCU & VT, also.

I’m surprised so many are oblivious to this…
by irishdemon  (2021-11-16 21:37:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Somewhat doubtful Cincinnati hangs on to Fickell once this massive coaching carousel starts spinning.

I can’t imagine Freeman won’t be Cincinnati’s first call - and I can’t imagine him not taking the job.

Nothing guaranteed of course but that’s why I said, “decent chance” he’s one and done here.

Plus as you mentioned, if not Cincinnati, his name is popping for other jobs already as well.

Might he do better than a crappy AAC job?
by MrE  (2021-11-17 08:41:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know UC is headed to the Big 12, but the Big 12 won't likely be a "power" conference once OU and Texas leave.

Just eyeballing the programs that have hired a DC/OC with no HC experience recently (excluding coach-in-waiting hires), it seems Freeman would compare favorably to many if not all of them:

Miami
Pitt
Baylor
Texas Tech
Arizona
Cal
Arkansas
Tennessee (Pruitt)
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Kentucky

Hadn't even crossed my mind, but yes that makes sense. *
by rockmcd  (2021-11-17 01:23:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post