There's been much discussion about this
by Irish Warrior (2021-11-16 11:56:32)

In reply to: I can't ever remember a year with so many mid season....  posted by Marine Domer

on CFB talk radio indicating it may be due to the early signing period. Teams don't want to be left out in the cold with recruiting if there's uncertainty about who the coach will be.

It’s clearly this, and was completely predictable
by Nathan  (2021-11-16 12:10:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it’s a matter of time before a coach leaves for his dream job mid season and takes over immediately.

Jim Mora kind of did just that at UConn
by ndzippy  (2021-11-16 14:23:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Officially takes over next year, but joined this year's staff so he can start recruiting now.

(Though I realize he didn't leave another job to do so. But he strikes me as the kind of guy who would have.)

Didn't the guy who took the Texas Tech job do the
by TWO  (2021-11-16 16:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

same thing...left Baylor immediately and is in Lubbock. I think he's on the staff , so like Mora, he can recruit and evaluate, takes over as HC after the season.