Hamilton is a great player with great potential...
by NDde (2021-11-15 14:45:08)
Edited on 2021-11-15 15:06:05

In reply to: As well he shouldn't.  posted by mocopdx

but he didn't seem (not to me at least) to make as many game-impacting plays as Manti T'eo or JOK - or even Julian Love.

He made one play I never saw anyone else make
by ram  (2021-11-15 19:10:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And several others that very few ever made

The play against FSU for an Int. Countless 4th and short
by athlete37  (2021-11-15 20:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tackles for a loss when the runner had a clear path to a first down.

I don't think it's fair to compare a S to a LB
by Ty Webb  (2021-11-15 18:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Often times, the plays that a S make you'll never notice in a game.

Hamilton has been every bit as good, likely better, than Teo IMO.

You probably think Bobby Taylor didn’t have that great of a
by cujays96  (2021-11-15 16:57:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Senior year because you didn’t hear his name much.

Hamilton’s side of the secondary was a no go zone. That’s how he impacts the game.

Didn’t Taylor leave after his junior year?
by tar  (2021-11-15 18:55:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would make for a pretty quiet senior year.

Forget it he’s rolling *
by athlete37  (2021-11-15 20:25:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

yes, the gulf between Hamilton & the other DBs/LBs is wide.
by MrE  (2021-11-15 17:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Throw at anyone but him" would be my brilliant strategy if I were an opposing OC.

I agree with you
by Son of Galway  (2021-11-15 16:45:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that he is a great player, and I agree that he did not make as many great plays as you would have expected. It may be that teams were avoiding him quite a bit.

I'm kind of with you on this
by ndzippy  (2021-11-15 15:17:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember my reaction to hearing that he was #2 or #3 on Kiper's big board during the first game of the season:

"Sure, I guess so."

The last safety drafted in the top 10 was Jamal Adams in 2017 (#6 overall); his highlight reel from LSU was incredible (see link). Before that, it was Mark Barron in 2012 (#7 overall); he had 12 interceptions at Bama and was a unanimous first-team All-American in 2011.

Maybe Hamilton is that great; his talent just hasn't seemed to translate to very many game-changing plays.