Based on what. They really have not
by MAS (2021-11-14 09:29:23)

In reply to: I think Michigan is better and pretty good  posted by acrossdmiddle

Been impressive. They lost to the only decent team they played all year. They beat Wisc by less. They really are just like ND, beat an unimpressive slate of teams and lost to 1 good team.

I see a ND/UM as a classic Kelly flat start
by Beaknd  (2021-11-14 09:52:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where UM would come out and smell blood early with growing confidence as the game wears on. It pains me to even think that way, but Kelly's track record with Michigan isn't great minus the cornholing before the hiatus. I don't think this team has it in them to overcome their coaching this year, unless it's an inferior opponent.

Understood - so more about potential
by MAS  (2021-11-14 09:56:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND collapse than Michigan actually being good. Fair.

More like good DE’s vs our OL and Statuesque QB *
by graNDfan  (2021-11-14 11:20:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They pounded Wisconsin and never trailed, on the road.
by MrE  (2021-11-14 09:41:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND trailed Wisconsin in the 4th quarter, at a neutral site.

ND lost handily to a top 10 (committee) team at ND Stadium.
Michigan lost in an evenly played game to a top 10 team on the road.

I think Michigan is in the giant blob of "pretty good" alongside ND but the above distinctions need to be made.

They beat Rutgers by 7
by MAS  (2021-11-14 09:44:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Barely survived Nebraska and Penn St. I am not saying ND would beat them but there is no evidence they would hammer ND. They might be a slight favorite on a neutral field. We probably won’t find out bc OSU is most likely going to beat them by 2 TDs

I agree.
by MrE  (2021-11-14 09:48:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And watching Michigan, I see some of the same dynamics as ND. Decent but not great QB play. Play hard, but not a lot of top-end talent, so struggle to separate from teams like Rutgers, FSU, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, et al. Some speed in pocket areas, but then you flip to an SEC game and it looks like you are watching something different.

Which SEC game?
by Irish Warrior  (2021-11-14 13:00:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because, right now, the only SEC team that doesn't fit into that overall description is Georgia. Even Alabama has been up and down, remember their game against Florida?