That felt like a damn scrimmage. *
by supernd (2021-11-13 22:46:44)

This user did not provide content for this post

That was boring
by Tjmcfly  (2021-11-13 23:10:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't ever remember feeling that way after a game.

For what it's worth, Mike Frank is super pissed and showing it on his live show. Someone go light a candle for Angels sanity.

Tangible evidence this morning why Mike Frank was pissed.
by irishdemon  (2021-11-14 09:21:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mike Frank was livid with ND's passive offense, Kelly's passive decision making - and the fact ND didn't curb stomp Virginia for style points - and to show people who matter that they're a dominant team and they belong in the discussion.

Mike Gundy did that last night against TCU winning 63-17.

This morning Kirk Herbstreit's top-6? Oklahoma St. jumps Notre Dame and moves up to #6.

Yes, his poll means nothing but this is the way people think - and the committee is no different at times.

Let's see what happens Tuesday.

Someone else said it. This is 4D chess by Kelly.
by cujays96  (2021-11-14 10:00:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can’t get destroyed in a playoff game if you don’t do enough to get there.

The fact that I paused for a moment to consider that...
by irishdemon  (2021-11-14 10:51:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... speaks volumes.

He really did appear to coach last night as if he didn't want to look "too" good.

Can't blame him for the fumble in the red zone but the end of the half and the utter lack of urgency all night to move the football and stick it in the end zone was maddening. That game should have been 42-3 or 45-3.

Even Dave Pasch acknowledged that ND took their foot off the gas.

That's fine when Nick Saban does it to us because he's already in the playoffs. I don't know why Brian Kelly year after year doesn't understand the value of curb stomping someone - within the confines of class and sportsmanship of course.

Herbstreit's little top-6 vote this morning speaks volumes. He was calling the Ole Miss game last night. He didn't watch ND play - or Oklahoma St. for that matter - he just looked at the God damn final scores.

I think I was asleep early 3rd quarter *
by veets  (2021-11-14 07:51:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Turned it off after UVa stalled on first drive of second
by sorin69  (2021-11-14 07:07:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

half. Boring is right.

Kelly/Rees offense:Yawn
by Hanratty5ND  (2021-11-13 22:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Props to the defense for playing well.

This offense is garbage and always will be with Kelly.

8 quarters without giving up a TD *
by Lloyd braun  (2021-11-13 22:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post