Chip Hilton *
by TWO (2021-11-11 19:49:30)

In reply to: curious qb poll  posted by CHUCKND

This user did not provide content for this post

Still have my dad’s old hardcovers
by smithwick  (2021-11-12 07:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of the series. One of the things I found interesting going back and reading a few of the books a few years ago was the depiction of college football. For books written in the 50s and 60s, Clair Bee details athlete only dorms, boosters, paying players, and other aspects of the underbelly of the sport which some like to think of as a modern development but have always been swirling the sport.

Did you also read the Bronc Burnett series?
by saintapollonia  (2021-11-12 06:12:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was also a favorite of mine.

No, Chip Hilton, Hardy Boys and Tom Swift.
by TWO  (2021-11-12 10:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

were the ones that I read.

Tom Corbett, Space Cadet.
by Hati Hijau  (2021-11-12 21:59:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They belonged to my Uncle Leo. I had to wash my hands, handle every book with care, and could not take them home. He had many good books, Sci-Fi and other genres. I had hoped to inherit them. No one in the local family was that lucky.

Edit last sentence for grammer.

on the list of things I wish I still owned *
by BeatPS0607  (2021-11-11 21:51:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read all those books as a kid
by GU82ND4ever  (2021-11-11 20:12:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My brothers loved them, so I had to check them out along with the Hardy Boys mysteries (and the Nancy Drew books, of course). Chip was unstoppable!

Loved the series as well
by TWO  (2021-11-11 21:15:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great athlete and the all American boy!

Amen
by ram  (2021-11-12 05:46:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clair Bee’s kids tried cashing in by re-releasing the books with “modern updates” which mostly means they changed a lot of names to Cody, Zach & Brandon