How good is Kyren Williams nationally?
by SEE (2021-11-04 15:36:02)

We all love him, but thoughts as to how stacks up against TreVeyon Henderson, Kenneth Walker III, etc. ?

I think the comp for him is Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Probably not as good as those 2, but wouldn’t trade him
by athlete37  (2021-11-04 19:25:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for anyone. He has single handedly moved the chains when hand punt team should have been coming out so many times this year.

Eric Hansen took this question on his latest podcast,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-11-04 17:59:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at least regarding Heisman voting ("Pod of Gold" podcast). Incompletely paraphrasing Hansen's answer: The reality is that Williams is not in the top 30 nationwide for YPG and has three games this year when he had less than 50 yards rushing.

That's not exactly what you asked, but it's what came to mind.

Yeah, but now he only has to take on one tackler at a time.
by tdiddy07  (2021-11-05 09:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His offensive line decided to Bergeron the tyranny.

This is how stats can lie
by ndzippy  (2021-11-04 22:37:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because if Kyren Williams were at Michigan State, he'd probably have 4000+ rushing yards already.

Hansen has tremendous insight
by ThreeD  (2021-11-04 19:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

said nobody, ever.
Douchenozzle of the century.

That's a tough question because our OL struggles have
by 84david  (2021-11-04 17:38:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

masked his talents. I suspect that if he was running with Q. Nelson, McGlinchey, Martin/other OL studs, he might be a 2000 yd back.

Etienne, McCoy, Faulk, Tomlinson.
by tdiddy07  (2021-11-04 16:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, I went there. He breaks tackles, he catches balls, he protects the passer.

He's ideally suited to excel in a pro offense.

Faulk and Tomlinson ?
by vivaflanner  (2021-11-05 15:06:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure I see Kyren as an NFL hall of famer.

Sure. But who ever does see someone as an NFL Hall of Famer? *
by tdiddy07  (2021-11-05 16:02:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

RB's are so devalued. But his catching and blocking skills
by Raoul  (2021-11-04 17:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

make him very attractive to the NFL game. Many of today's great RB's really have more his game than Derrick Hennry's.

Look how long in the league Riddick lasted. He got 7 years, 88 games, 1,000+ yards, and almost 300 catches. That as a 6th rounder with a 4.68 40.

I view Riddick's career as Kyren's absolute floor. And Riddick made $14M gross and has an NFL pension.

The NFL coaches will love Kyren.

CEH is quite slow for a RB
by irishrock  (2021-11-04 15:52:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm a Chiefs fan and everybody's pretty much down on him. I actually don't see any similarities between the two. Williams has a lot of speed in him...excellent blocker as well

CE-H cannot break a pro defender’s tackle
by mwalsh  (2021-11-04 15:46:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Kyren can do that, then he’s much better than Helaire

He's bigger, stronger, and faster than CE-H.
by Bacchus  (2021-11-04 15:43:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Better in pass pro, too. Edwards-Helaire is shiftier with better acceleration when he changes direction, but Kyren has a faster top gear. CE-H is a more polished route runner, but there's no reason KW couldn't get there if he were utilized more as a receiver. Both are great at finishing runs.