I'm relieved we lost to Cincy
by rvaughn (2021-11-03 12:07:32)

In reply to: A Little information on our supposedly terrible team.  posted by Irishwest

This team would get completely exposed in the playoff and we'd have another data point proving why they didn't belong.

I'd rather get blown out in the playoff...
by Revue Party  (2021-11-04 15:26:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...than to have lost to Cincinnati.

We're going to get housed in an NY6 game.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-11-03 13:27:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless it's the ACC champ.

Good news.
by gordonbombay  (2021-11-03 16:38:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's probably going to be the ACC champ. If Cincinnati ends up being blackballed from the CFP again, they'll be going to the Fiesta Bowl because they were in the Peach last year, and they're not going to arrange a rematch.

It would only be natural for the ACC champ to go to the Peach (the Orange being a semifinal this year), so there you go.

I'll take that bet
by Twinkie the Kid  (2021-11-03 15:39:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If ND matches up against UGA, Alabama, or OSU, then I'll agree with you. Anyone other than those three, I think ND would hold its own just fine.

Caveat
by BIG MAC  (2021-11-04 15:01:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

True, only if we continue to improve.

I suppose
by Twinkie the Kid  (2021-11-04 16:15:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess I'm just not impressed with any other teams outside UGA, Alabama, and OSU this year. My comment is really not so much praise for ND as it is an indictment against the rest of the college football field.

Could ND lose a NY6 game against Okie State? Sure. Will ND get "housed" -- I really doubt that.

OU is looking good with the new QB,
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-11-03 18:24:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they'll get the 4 spot barring something flukey, like a bedlam loss.

UM will have another loss, we won't be rematched with Cincy, maybe we'd get Bama if they lose to UGa?

Even if OU misses the CFP
by tf86  (2021-11-04 08:55:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They'll wind up in the Sugar Bowl if they win their CCG. The Sugar Bowl is contractually tied into SEC vs. Big XII, so we have no shot at that game. The only possible way we face OU in a bowl game is if they don't win the Big XII.

For my money, Oklahoma State is the most likely Big XII opponent in a bowl game. Even that is somewhat unlikely, though. Most likely, they would have to beat Oklahoma at Bedlam and then lose in the CCG. IF they beat Oklahoma twice, they'll win the conference and get the Sugar Bowl bid. If they lose twice, they'll probably fall far enough to be out of the running for a NY6 bid.

Didn’t they almost lose to Kansas
by smithwick  (2021-11-04 08:04:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with that same QB like two weeks ago?