Bowl projection sausage for 10/31/2021
by G.K.Chesterton (2021-10-31 14:34:49)

Jerry Palm - Kentucky vs. ND (Fiesta Bowl)
Kyle Bonagura: Oklahoma State vs. Notre Dame (Fiesta Bowl)
Mark Schlabach: Wake Forest vs. Notre Dame (Fiesta Bowl)

In case you're wondering about the last prediction, we don't play Wake Forest in the regular season until 2023.

Thoughts
by tf86  (2021-11-01 09:14:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oklahoma State: Probably the most likely of the three in the Fiesta Bowl, but that scenario necessarily entails that Oklahoma wins the Big XII but does not go to the CFP, while Oklahoma State remains ranked highly enough for a NY6 bid. So I think the only possible scenario is for Oklahoma State to beat Oklahoma in the Bedlam game, then Oklahoma to win the rematch in the Big XII championship.

Kentucky: I could be wrong about this, but I think the loss to unranked Mississippi State may have taken them out of the running for a NY6 bid, certainly for an Access Bowl bid.

Wake Forest: I could also be wrong about this, but I think if they win the ACC, the Committee will try hard to place them in the Peach Bowl rather than the Fiesta Bowl for geographic reasons.

I pick
by Vairish84  (2021-10-31 17:38:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OSU. Lets cross off a team we have never played.

Our record against OSU’s in the Fiesta Bowl isn’t great. *
by otters92  (2021-10-31 21:44:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post