lol Kelly's fault again....
by NDVirginian (2021-10-20 19:31:34)

In reply to: This is “The” USC game; and can’t give away tickets.  posted by ferndog

No, its a bunch of ND so-called fans who are not really fans. Look around the country and see almost every stadium, especially in the south, sold out and its all their home team colors and many of them has never had many winning seasons. ND has too many over 60 season ticket holders who don't even want you to stand a cheer for the Irish, they shout "sit down son, I cant see the game". Like Holtz said before, at ND you can go 11-1 and they would ask why didnt you win them all. You can go 12-0 and they would say, you didn't win big enough. Boy, was he right. I do not agree with everything Coach Kelly does but he does win. I have never coached a college football team like all of you, but somehow you think you know more than Brian Kelly, who has won everywhere he has coached.

Kelly has not been ridiculed for not doing 12-0 "big enough"
by tdiddy07  (2021-10-21 11:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's been ridiculed for doing 12-1 while getting his shit kicked in.

Brian? Is that you? *
by goirish89  (2021-10-20 22:52:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“He does win”
by bmoreirish  (2021-10-20 21:56:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What, pray tell, has he won? Extolling his winning record against a watered down schedule is like saying I can do a 360 dunk when I lower the rim to 8 feet.

I'm sorry but really do not get it. We have been sold
by Chicos bail bonds  (2021-10-20 20:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A crappy and commercialized product built to win games against bad teams and then talk about how great we are at knowing how to win. And we are supposed to believe this. It is all manufactured smoke and mirrors.

You’re incorrect about sellouts.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-10-20 19:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ole Miss wasn’t a sellout last week, and Saban has been complaining about lackluster student section attendance since before the pandemic. And that’s with a top tier team.

Attendance to CFB is down in general, as the home viewing experience provides better bang for the buck.

Slight nit.
by The Holtz Room  (2021-10-20 21:48:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saban mentioned the student section when his juggernaut of a team played the bottom-feeders of Louisiana-Lafayette and New Mexico State.

Teams also played in recent years includ Arkansas State, Western Kentucky, Mercer, and the Citadel. I think those are all FBS schools, with the exception of LL, though I could be wrong.

If it’s hot and humid those aren’t exactly thrilling to stand and watch a non-contest.

Bad example
by ThreeD  (2021-10-20 19:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UT-Ole Miss was a very crazy crowd and was louder and more raucous than most sold-out stadia, including during TV timeouts.

Probably because of booze and Kiffin.
by GoldCoastIrish  (2021-10-20 20:18:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our place was pretty rocking for Clemson last year.

Definitely booze and Kiffin *
by ThreeD  (2021-10-20 22:19:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post